Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Woohoo! Answered Prayer!

About two month ago,  I got a brand spankin new cell phone for my birthday.  It was a beautiful blue color, had a key board, and I loved it!  The day after I got it, I went into the bathroom, and completely forgot it was in the back pocket of my jeans.  After hearing a "thump" I gasped and turned around to find my brand new, beautiful cell phone in the water-filled toilet.  After a moment of unbelief, I pulled it out and went into the kitchen where my mom was. I took the pieces apart and dried it with a towel. I then went to the AT&T store to see if there was anything they could do for us.  They did give me some advice, but not a new phone.  (I didn't have insurance on my phone).  When we got back home, i put it under the hair dryer.  I was praying at this time!  The hair dryer dried it up some, but it still wasn't working. I put my phone in my room, on my dresser, and put it in the sun. We also got a tip from the internet to take my phone apart, and put it in a bowl of rice. That was suppose to suck any liquid that was inside the phone out. At first, my phone wouldn't turn on at all.  Then, it would start to turn on, but then shut off. Finally, It turned on! I tried it out, and everything was completely fine, until i pushed the "L" key. The "L" key didn't work. I thought about selling that phone and getting a new one because I needed that "L" for texting!

This could sound silly to some people, but I prayed for my "L" key to work.  But, it never did.

Just recently, I went to Devans house.  She has the same phone as me.  We somehow got on the subject of my phone and she said..."You do know there is a keyboard on the screen?" I DID NOT know that.  I never thought of it.  ***My phone is touch screen***  
She showed me how to do it....and BAM!  I HAVE AN L KEY!!!!!

When I text, I pull up the keyboard on the screen, type on the keyboard on the phone, and when I need the "L" key, I touch the screen where the "L" key is.  

Now,  It isn't the way I was praying it would happen, but, THE LORD ANSWERED MY PRAYER!!  I wanted an "L" key, and praise the Lord, I got an "L"

Sometimes, He doesn't answer the way we are praying for it to happen!  But he let Devan show me that there is a keyboard on my screen, and therefore, I have an "L" key, which is what I was praying for!! I'm so happy about it :)  I have an "L"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, JESUS!!!!!!!